8.26.2009

From Richard

"Yay! It's your birthday! The best day of the year! We will celebrate by eating brownies and ice cream and I'll give you a 1 hour back massage. My present to you will be doing the dishes for an entire year. Then you can tell everyone that during your 23rd year you never touched a dirty dish once! I'll even throw in changing ALL of the dirty diapers. You are the most marvelous, beautiful, intellectual, pretty, awesome, best-dressed, good-lookin', organized, fantastic women I know, and I am SO glad I married you. Happy Birthday Dear Diana."


That is the most ideal note I could ever ask for. I would be in 23rd-year heaven if Richard was truly the author of such a wonderful note. Unfortunately, I'll have to show it to him later, and see if he'll agree. All in favor, say "I".

Until then, it's my birthday and I'm going to be as self-absorbed as I wish because I LOVE birthdays, especially my own! Happy birthday to me!

8 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! I hope all of your birthday wishes come true.

Anna said...

happy birthday to you! i hope you get something new. i love you, it's true. and don't step in poo, it will ruin your shoe!

Dorothy said...

Wow - I was so impressed. The brownies and back rub I could see. But I thought that Richard was promising a bit much for dishes for a year. Well ...
Anyway, I do hope you have a fun day and receive a nice back rub while eating brownies. Love you!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I! Happy Birthday! I was laughing so hard at the end of your post. We are really close in age. I'll turn 23 on the 31st. August birthdays are the best!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Happy Birthday! I hope Richard adored your note :) !!

Autumn said...

I was going to say...good luck with the dishes and diapers. I could get matt to maybe do the diapers but dishes? for a whole year? never!

Happy Belated Birthday Diana!

summerbummer said...

"I"

haha.

Alison said...

Oh man, this made me laugh at loud. I had to show my husband (maybe the ideal note will sink into his sub-conscience). Birthdays are the bomb.com!