8.22.2010

Freezer Cooking Day

I decided to take part in "Freezer Cooking Day" inspired by Money Saving Mom. I had a lot of fun figuring out what meals I could prepare in bulk, freeze, and have ready-to-go when needed. I spent just a couple of hours during two days preparing what I could, and cleaning as I went. For as much as I was chopping and stewing in the kitchen, it stayed very clean. It was very nice.
I didn't prepare as much as I'd like, but this is what I did:
Mozzarella Cheesesticks-battered and ready to fry!
Turkey and Veggie Wraps (These took the most time, although they are good, I need a better system to prepare them more quickly.)
2 lbs cooked brown rice
Zuchinni Bread
Ready grated pepperjack cheese
Ready diced green peppers
Ready diced onion
Few pounds of cooked, shredded chicken

I will be buying more produce when it's on sale and chopping/dicing it so it's ready to throw into my recipes when I need it. And freezing brown rice-genius! Considering it takes 45 minutes to make, now I can just warm it up quickly & it tastes just as good.

3 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

This is great! Since having this baby I have realized the beauty of having meals frozen. Tim's mother stocked our freezer with some great meals and they are dwindling. I really ought to get on freezing meal wagon, as having a ready meal a freezer away would be great at any time, not just when I have a new baby.

Mallory said...

My question is though how do you have enough room in your freezer for the meals? Maybe my love of ice cream takes up too much of my freezer space. =)

summerbummer said...

you inspire me!