10.26.2008

Save the Date

I once made a list of 50 things I want to accomplish during my lifetime. Some of these things include unreasonable wishes like going to outer space. Others are more reasonable like,... like... Anyway-so one of my goals, (#3 to be exact) is to have a large funeral. Although this isn't something I can accomplish in a 'lifetime' it's supposed to be motivation for me to meet and influence many people, so when I do die, eventually, I will have a lot of friends to attend my funeral. 

Well, if you're reading this, I am asking you to please come to my funeral. I don't know when it will be, but I have a gut feeling that it'll be soon. You see, Halloween is just around the corner, candy has gone on sale, and we bought some (a lot of some). And today, I ate 1/2 a bag of Kit-Kats, not to mention a few other delicious, yet highly unhealthy treats. And now, at the end of the day, I sense that my heart has taken enough. 

Yes, I know it will be a sad day when I leave-but maybe Nestle will host a celebration in honor of me, because I have been such a faithful customer and advocate of them for so long. 

Will you be there?


12 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

I'll be there, if I haven't suffered death by chocolate myself. I'm pretty sure Nestle could hold a parade in my honor from the lifetime of profits they have earned from this faithful patron.

Suzy said...

LOL! I love this post!

Anonymous said...

You and your chocolate! pretty sure your heart is used to all the chocolate you have consumed throughout your life thus far. But... I will come to your funeral definitely!:)

Brian said...

Diana Diana Diana...you havent changed one bit!! As for attending you funeral, I just might have a prior engagement that day... ;) But as long as I get to SiNg at your funeral, we can make it a date. :) Happy Halloween!!

Trent said...

I'm more of the wonka brand stuff like bottle caps, laffy taffy, sweet tarts, and runts. I could almost live til i'm 26 on those. that is only next year. sad. i'll hopefully be missed.

Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear you ate that, because I ate half a chocolate cake today! Whoops! Maybe instead of a funeral you should just plan a fun junk food party! I'll be there for that!

Diana said...

Good idea Michelle! Junk food party at my house!

Nancy said...

Diana, you're hilarious.

Plus, I fully intend to outlive you, so I'll be there.

Anna said...

count me in! i'll be there! i'll even make funeral potatoes if you wish - it's your party after all! :)

32 Flavors said...

I already od'd, can I help you along? I have 3 bags of candy that I'd love to bequeath to someone else!

Anonymous said...

NOpe Anna doesn't have a twin. That's our other sister, married to my oldest brother. They do kind of look a like in that picture huh?:)

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Will there be chocolate at your funeral? ;) I will do all within my powers to make it!