5.18.2008

The Locks


It has been wonderfully lovely weather lately--and because it makes our apartment so blasted hot, Richard suggested that we go on a picnic. We chose to go to the Locks. It is such a lovely, really big park! I didn't get any pictures of the park though. However, I decided that whenever my family decides they want to have a family reunion, they should all come to Seattle and we can go to this park and play Frisbee, Football, and whatever other game we can think up to play (because I know that we can think up some pretty strange games.)


As I understand it to be, the Locks is a man-made connection between two bodies of water. When boats come through, they get trapped into these walled off areas. As you can see in this next picture, the water is at two different levels. So the Locks serves a purpose to fill-up this walled off area with more water-then the boats rise up with it, and then are released out the other side to go on their way. It is quite interesting.



Oh, and "mine for Michelle!"

1 comment:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

how hot is it up there? Its been 90 here for the past few days. Diana, I'm nervous about handling the summer being so preganat!!!... Looks like you had fun! I've never been to Seatle. I want to come visit some day!